Best Job Agencies In Manchester - What Licences Does An LGV Driver Need?

Best job agencies in Manchester won’t specialise in just one industry; they will have a variety of different types on offer. One of their responsibilities is in ensuring applicants are suitably qualified for the roles they fill. For instance, this can include driving jobs, such as LGV driver jobs.

LGV (large or light goods vehicle) jobs require certain licences before you can operate drive one. Both you and the recruitment agencies Manchester wide you work with must know what this means. Job agencies Manchester based have to confirm that potential employees have the correct licences before they are put forward for any driving position, so you should be prepared to explain the duties you want your new employee to carry out. A category C1 driving licence, for example, means a driver can operate transit vans as well as small box trucks, but nothing larger and they cannot tow anything. The next category for agencies is C1+E, which entitles the operator to drive anything between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes, and a trailer of 750kg or less. Examples of such vehicles include a utility trailer on a cargo van, or a small tipper truck. Category C qualifies the driver to operate larger vehicles such as bin lorries, heavy box trucks, tipper trucks, and articulated lorries. The final category is C+E. This is the most highly qualified licence class for LGV drivers, for the largest and heaviest of vehicles, with a MAM (maximum authorised mass) over 7.5 tonnes, and trailers over 750kg. Knowing the requirements of the role you are offering and conveying it to your recruitment agency is therefore essential to get the best match.

The best job agencies in Manchester offer a variety of different positions. At KPI Recruiting Manchester, we pride ourselves on matching companies to the best employees – and we aim to get it right first time, every time. See for more information. To discuss the role on offer with an advisor, contact us on 0161 6949755 or email